• All entries must be received at the HBASC office no later than 5 p. m. on Monday, August 24th, 2020.
• Early bird entry registrations must be received no later than 5 p. m. on Friday, August 7th, with all supporting documentation arriving by August 24th.
• You must be a member of the HBASC in good standing.
• All entries must be homes/communities/businesses located in South Carolina.
• All entries must have been completed between October 1, 2018 and December 31, 2019.
•The early bird registration fees (received by August 7th are $400 for green building, new home and remodel project categories; $175 for sales & marketing categories; and $1,400 for the subdivision/community category.
After August 7th, contest fees are $550 for green building, new
home and remodel project categories; $200 for sales & marketing categories; and $1,500 for the subdivision/community category.
• If registering more than one entry, one payment can be submitted. The entry fee is non-refundable.
• Accepted forms of payment include: check, money order, VISA and MasterCard. (3% convenience fee added to credit card)
• Checks should be made payable to the Home Builders Association of South Carolina.
• Categories for all Custom Home entries are based on the completed cost of the construction excluding cost of lot/land.
• Categories for Semi-Custom Home entries are based on the published sales price.
• Entrants are required to provide five professional quality color photographs for each entry. Files should be saved at 600 dpi in . jpg format. Remodel project entry photos should be before-and after-shots.
• Provide the preferred building elevation, a rendering or sketch and floor plans. Descriptive plans, sections and elevations to explain the construction challenges may be included.
• Include a list of all subcontractors and suppliers (HBA members and non-members).
• All Semi-Custom entries must include a copy of an advertisement
that provides proof of published sales price.
• All Green Building entries must provide proof of the green certification program used on the project and proof of HERS rating/ home energy performance test results.
• Sales & Marketing entries must submit the required documentation as indicated under category descriptions.
• All supporting documentation must be submitted on a Dropbox folder that is clearly labeled with the company name and respective category shared with email@example.com.No hard copy photos will be accepted.
• A failure to adhere to the contest rules, category descriptions or time limits will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fees.
• Entries become the property of HBASC, and will not be returned.